Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

We are running into Empty Test Results during a Test Run

We are running Test Rail version: 6.5.7.1002

It appears that using “Dynamic Filters” while creating a test run can cause issues such as:

• Test Cases disappearing
  • Test Results disappearing

The test run stays blank for a few hours which is very frustrating (and terrifying) while trying to update fields such as Results or a custom field which we have created.

After creating a new Test Run without Dynamic Filters, we havent run into the above issue.

Since this feature is still in BETA we have chosen to not use it until its stable.

Do we know if this is a known bug and if yes whats the ETA?

Welcome to the forums…

Which test cases? The copies in the test run itself or the Test Cases in the respository?

Is the above the result of the first issue?

I am going to assume that the test cases that are disappearing are the copies in the Test Run - they are copies of the cases int he Test Run and Suites. Have you validated that nothing on the case in the repository caused it to fall out of the Dynamic Filtering?

Is this in Test Rail Cloud or server?

Hi There,

These are test cases on the Test Run (along with the test results).

The test cases (and results) do re-appear by itself, but after an hour or two.

This is a Cloud instance.

1 Like

I have not noticed anything like this with our server install so I wonder if it is more of a cloud issue.

Personally - I would report it the issue here:

https://secure.gurock.com/customers/support/?

It should get a case assigned and tracked.

1 Like

@ShanalG

Hey Shanal,

As per the logs, I can see your query is resolved now.

If you have any further questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at contact@gurock.com.

Regards,
Shanu

We are experiencing the same thing: Test cases are disappearing from a Test Plan after a period of time. I have not notice that they ever reappear, unless we edit the test run, and re-apply the filters. When the filters are re-applied, the tests runs are visible for a period of time, then disappear again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a Test Plan
  2. Give it a name
  3. Associate it with a milestone
  4. Click on “Add Test Suite”
  5. Select a test suite
  6. Apply dynamic filters (type = “Manual”)
  7. Hit “Set Selection”
  8. Click on Add Test Plan
    Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 1.49.05 PM
  9. Wait…
  10. After some time (not sure how long often) the test cases will disappear.