Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Visualize custom test result fields

In testrail, I have added a bunch of custom results fields (type integer) and I am now pushing them to testrail at completion, but I can’t figure out how to display the new data. Is there a way to simply plot these values over builds?

Hi Micah,

Thanks for your posting. One way to display the data is to add the columns for those fields to the test tables/grids on the test run pages. Just click the Columns button in the toolbar to add the new columns. Or you looking for something else?

Cheers,
Tobias

The custom results fields don’t appear in the list of possible values in the test run columns, or am I missing something? So for example I have an “number of classification errors” field that I added to the test results, but I don’t know where those numbers are visible.

Hi Micah,

Is this for the test run page?

You can also add custom fields on this page to the tables unless they are of type Text. Is this the page you want to customize? Can you check the field type of your custom fields?

Cheers,
Tobias