Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

ValidationException] Field Test is not a valid test

Hi,
I’m getting this error every minute:
14:11:16 [ValidationException] Field Test is not a valid test.

Details:
File: /var/www/html/testrail/sys/helpers/ex.php
Line: 25
Status Code: 500
Host: build.pdt
Uri: /testrail/index.php?/tests/ajax_reload_timer (POST)

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
PHP: 5.3.3
Server: Linux 2.6.32-573.7.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Sep 22 22:00:00 UTC 2015 x86_64

test_id: 1326379
_token: nQ9qzNgtC2X4qdUShwlh
_version: 5.1.0.3413

Trace:
at ex::raise (ex.php:25)
at ex::raise (controller.php:243)
at Controller->_prepare_invoke (controller.php:135)
at Controller->_invoke_web (controller.php:119)
at Controller->_invoke (gizmo.php:107)
at require_once (index.php:106)

Can you tell me how to find out test_id 1326379?
Thanks,
Cynthia

Closed Test Plan does not appear as completed in Milestone

For each project you can type T1326379 in the search field to see if the test is in that project. If searches don’t find that test in any of the projects the test with that ID doesn’t exist (or has been deleted).

That is not a testcase number in my system. Mine are all 6 digits instead of 7. I was wondering if it is in the database some where.

Also perhaps it is a mute point if someone know why I’m getting this error.

Hello Cynthia,

Thanks for your posting! This means that one of your users still has a test page open in her/his browser with a test that no longer exists (e.g. because the test run was deleted). The test page periodically checks the timer in the sidebar to see if other testers are working on a test and asks TestRail for the status from time to time. If the test no longer exists, TestRail will add this log message to the log. This message can be ignored and is no error in the traditional sense, it’s just that TestRail adds a message to the log but the situation itself is not a TestRail error.

Cheers,
Tobias

Thank-you for the explanation! I appreciate it!

You are welcome, Cynthia, glad to help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

Good morning, I have been seeing this error occasionally over the past week while doing some maintenance on our automation libraries. I’m using a modified version of the example Custom UI script to initiate the automated tests, but every so often all of my results immediately fail, with an Internal EOF error. When I examine the TestRail logs, the ValidationException here listed is the culprit. Neither any of the Tests, nor the Test Run itself have been deleted Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks,
Phil

Here’s the exception log:
[E] 2017-02-15 08:53:32 [54ms]: [ValidationException] Field Test is not a valid test.

Details:
File: /var/www/html/testrail/sys/helpers/ex.php
Line: 25
Status Code: 500
Host: testrail.metro.ad.selinc.com
Uri: /testrail/index.php?/tests/ajax_reload_timer (POST)

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
PHP: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.20
Server: Linux 3.13.0-98-generic #145-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 8 20:13:07 UTC 2016 x86_64

test_id: 35814
_token: IOJQUa/OrtI5JWt1syBo
_version: 5.2.0.3452

Trace:
at ex::raise (controller.php:244)
at Controller->_prepare_invoke (controller.php:136)
at Controller->_invoke_web (controller.php:120)
at Controller->_invoke (gizmo.php:107)
at require_once (index.php:106)

Hmmmm, it may be unrelated. I think the log here might be coincidental, i.e. a coworker has an old window open that is generating this from a deleted test run. If I can get a different log to happen with the Internal EOF I will update.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your posting. Yes, this just means that someone still has a page open in his/her browser with a test that no longer exists (e.g. if a test run was deleted).

Cheers,
Tobias