Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Users overview / report

Is there any way to get an overview/report of all users including information like name, email, roles, active/inactive and, especially, their accessible projects?

I have already checked the customizing forum but i have’nt found any suitable solutions.

regards,
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your posting! You can find an overview of users including active status and global role in the administration area under Administration > Users & Roles. This currently does not display the email address directly (you can look this up per user) or accessible projects (can be looked up per project under Administration > Projects > edit a project > Access).

Regards,
Tobias

+1 For this request.

We have a periodic need to validate user access to projects. We are able to programmatically determine this in other tools, such as JIRA and STASH. It is cumbersome to have to retrieve this information interactively and iteratively through TestRail. A single report that shows user name, email, role, and is_active for each project would be most helpful.

Hi Tobias,
thanks for your reply. I am familiar with these options.
But with a large number of users and projects, it is quite time consuming to obtain this Information from different places. Especially if groups are used to manage project access.
It would be really helpful to get this information in one place.

regards,
Andreas

Thanks, Andreas, Phil! We will make sure to look into making this easier in a future version. You can also already use the get_users API to get a list of all users but this currently only returns a limited set of fields (no project access, for example):

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-api2/reference-users

Regards,
Tobias