Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Uploading files to test results via the API v5.2.0.3452

I am trying to upload files to test results via the API v5.2.0.3452 using java code, but so far i am not able to implement the feature… It would be really helpful if you could provide information on uploading and downloading of files using the test rail API …

If I remember correctly - uploading files has not been implemented in the API yet.

Hi,

Yes, that’s correct. Attachments are currently not part of the API. For adding attachments or screenshots, we recommend uploading the files to an external location and then including simple links (or embedding them via rich-text) as part of the test result comment.

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/userguide-editor#images

Cheers,
Tobias

Just wanted to follow up on this to see if there are any plans to improve the API to allow uploading of files. The workaround presented here requires us to set up an entirely separate site for file storage.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply! Yes, we do still have plans to add support for this via the API for a future update to TestRail, however we don’t have a specific timeframe/ETA to provide for this yet. I’ve also added your vote and feedback to the feature request as well.

Regards,
Marco