Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Unable to integrate with JIRA

Yes, with my JIRA account in both and I got the same error 403

Is there a way of getting some logs? to have more details on the error

Hi Stéphanie,

Yes, there are logs and you would need to enable debug logging in this case. Are you on TestRail Server or TestRail Cloud? For TestRail Server, you can enable debug logging as follows:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-faq/system-debug

We can enable logging for TestRail Cloud instance if you send a quick email with your TestRail address to contact@gurock.com. In either case, we are happy to review the logs (just send them via email if you use TestRail Server).

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,
I hope you’re still around as you seemed to have helped plenty of users above with their JIRA/Testrail integration issues and am hoping you can help with mine.

I’m getting the following error message when I do a mouse-hover over a defect link:
“Plugin “Jira_REST” returned an error: Invalid HTTP code (404). Please verify the address of your JIRA installation in the configuration settings and that TestRail can reach your JIRA server.”

I don’t have TestRail admin access (yet), but am working with an admin locally. He has confirmed the address of our JIRA installation in the configuration settings and that TestRail can indeed reach our JIRA Server.

I’d be more than happy to supply debug logs (confirmed deploy_debug is set to ‘true’) in config.php, however, have not been able to locate these logs unless they are the daily logs found under /opt/testrail/logs/ directory.

I have more data points to share but would like to get your input first on best place to start given the above error.

Thank you!

Error received when viewing defect through Test Rail

Update:
Just a heads-up, I was able to resolve the issue internally. It was a proxy/networking issue preventing authentication packets from getting through and thus the HTTP Error Code 404, which after troubleshooting turned into 401 and now after resolving the exact jira_REST URL, all is good.

Hi there,

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved and thank you for posting your solution.

error
Can anyone please help me about this…

Have you tried any of the things mentioned in this thread and if so - what did you try what were the results? There are at least 2 things to look at for the 404 error in this thread.

Hi,
Tried all the steps below expect the first one. Not sure where I can find this option.

1. JIRA Admin/System - Accept remote API calls = on Not Checked

2. JIRA username (not email) and password are entered correctly for the TestRail user. Checked

3. Defect plugin set to Jira_REST. Checked

4. The user variables are set to ‘jira_user’ and ‘jira_password’ Checked

5. Fallback matches a JIRA user with correct access permissions (administrator just to be sure) ** Where can I find it? **

6. The Plugin looks correct with Checked

[connection]
address=https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/
user=%jira_user%
password=%jira_password%

Reference URL is not working for me. I have entered the reference url as “https://qmacbis.atlassian.net/browse/%id%” but still I see an issue when i click on the Reference url link in Test cases.
Following is the error message i received -

Plugin “Jira_REST” returned an error: Invalid HTTP code (404). Please verify the address of your JIRA installation in the configuration settings and that TestRail can reach your JIRA server.

I am having similar issue as below
Getting below error on Jira link under references in Test rail test cases
"Plugin Jira_REST" returned an error: Invalid user or password or insufficient permissions for the integration user (HTTP code 403). Please make sure to use your actual JIRA username for the integration (not your email address, for example)…"

I checked the username and password is same as JIRA in testrail mysettings -> settings
I have admin access too,Not sure what permission is required

Hi Tobias

The 403 error mentionned before is back (Messages posted in that thread on October 2016) and we have not changed anything on our side.

Anything new on testrail servers?

Thnaks for your reply

Stéphanie

Hi,
We have an incomprehensible problem with the integration of Jira.

Configuration of the plug-in and the administrative part was successful. In the Fat appeared tab TestRail, But it is empty. The TCs in which the reference is indicated also are not displayed in the tasks. But when viewing the defect in the TR, the task of the jira is displayed, which I linked.

in console is displayed “Refused to display” https://{server}.com//index.php?/ext/jira/render_panel&jv=7.1.8&ae=sdk&av=1&issue={project}-405&panel=results&login=button&frame=tr-frame-panel-results

Just the same :frowning:

I ran into exact error message while attempting to making PUSH defect to work.

Note #1: Came to find out JIRA is starting to/had done away with “UserName”. So use your JIRA USER EMAIL instead in your TestRail Administration\Integration page - in “Defects” tab under jira_user User Variable, put in your “JIRA USER EMAIL”.

Note #2: On top right corner, there is a User\My Settings link. Under “Settings” tab, make sure you put in your “JIRA USER EMAIL” as well.

Note #3: We have SSO to JIRA. But an API token is still needed to be created on JIRA/Atlassian-side. https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens . Once created, copy and paste the API Token to “jira_password” from Note #1.

It was confusing, and glad it’s finally working. Some clearer instructions would have been helpful.