Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Ui scripts customize jira panel

Hi, it is possible to customize JIRA panels(index.php?/ext/jira/render_panel) via TestRail UI scripts? I tried empty include parameter in this script but it’s doesn’t work.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your posting. This is currently not possible and the UI scripts are only for pages in TestRail and do not apply to the JIRA add-on, for example.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias, I just try change TestRail panels for JIRA for add some info/test actions here in TestRail side. It is possible? Maybe exist another solution for this?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. It’s not possible to change or customize the JIRA panels at this point and UI scripts only apply to the normal pages in TestRail (and even then we recommend our small modifications such as adding buttons or links).

Cheers,
Tobias

Can I leave feature request here? It would be good if we will have panel in TestRail JIRA add-on(when browse issue) where we can see only latest Test status and have ability to change this status.

Hi Andrew,

You can already see the statuses in the TestRail: Results panel and you would add new test results directly in TestRail. As a case can have multiple active runs/tests at the same time, a case may also have multiple status and there’s usually no latest status in this context. Test results can be lookup in the TestRail: Results panel for all linked test cases (and tests):

Cheers,
Tobias