Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[UI Script] Make field required if test is in particular state

On add test result dialog I only want to make a field required if the test is in a particular state e.g. if the test is failed then the comment field should be required.

I have tried using the following:
uiscripts.context.test

with uiscripts.context.test.status to try and get the status of the result dialog, however this is unsuccessful. Any help appreciated. thanks as always

Hello Gavin,

Thanks for your posting. The idea is to use the current status of the dialog which is passed to UI scripts via the result_dialog.validate event. Please see below for an example (by another customer):

http://forum.gurock.com/topic/1989/required-if-pass/

I hope this helps and please let us know in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks that works, however is there is a way to hide the ‘*’ based on the type of result_dialog.loaded.

At the moment this is still present next to the fields even though that field is not required for example when the test has passed.

Hello Gavin,

Thanks for your reply and great to hear that this works for you.

This wouldn’t be supported currently unfortunately (as you would need to show/hide the * based on the current status selection and it’s currently not supported to register an event handler for this action) but we are happy to add this as a feature request.

Regards,
Tobias