Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

[UI Script] Hide Version field on Add Test Result dialog

The following UI script hides the Version field on the Add Test Result dialog:

[code]name: Hide Version field
description: Hides the Version field on the Add Test Result dialog
author: Gurock Software
version: 1.0
includes:
excludes:

js:
(document).ready( function() { .subscribe(‘result_dialog.loaded’, ‘uiscript_hide_version’,
function()
{
$(’#addResultVersion’).parent(‘li’).hide();
});
}
);
[/code]

Regards,
Tobias

We finally got a test environment with TR 4.0.2 and it looks like this is broken?

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your posting and your feedback on this. We will make sure to look into this and update the UI script for TestRail 4.0 (which uses a slightly different markup for the Add Test Result dialog).

Regards,
Tobias

Getting my customized "Pass and Move" button to work

Hello Brian,

Here’s the updated script for TestRail 4.0:

[code]name: Hide Version field
description: Hides the Version field on the Add Test Result dialog
includes:
excludes:

js:
(document).ready( function() { .subscribe(‘result_dialog.loaded’, ‘uiscript_hide_version’,
function()
{
$(’#addResultVersion’).parent(‘div’).hide();
});
}
);[/code]

Regards,
Tobias

Excellent - thanks…!

You are welcome, Brian!

I just tried this on 5.0, and it seems to have broken again…is there an update for it at this point?

Hi Jon,

TestRail 5.0 now has built-in support for hiding/disabling some of the system fields on the Add Test Result dialog and you can customize this under Administration > Customizations. Would this already work for you?

Cheers,
Tobias

We just got to the base 5.0 installed to our production server and the script is running fine for us. Maybe an issue with a 5.x patch?

Hiding it at the system field level worked great…didn’t realize that was now an option! Thanks Tobias!

You are welcome, Jon! Great to hear that this helps :smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi
I`m running the cloud version, and when I try to add any ui script example I get this error message.
What is wrong?
I want to create a UI script that fetch the overall Status (Passed,Retest,Failed) when the user clicks the add result button.
Based on this I want to make a REST call to JIRA to update the worflow status there.

Anyone that can show me how to trigger ex: alert on Add Result?

Thanks alot in advance.
Roy T

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your posting! The UI script for hiding the Version field is no longer required because this is now a built-in feature and can be configured under Administration > Customizations (by editing the Versions field). Regarding the syntax error: the example is missing a empty line before js: (after the header section). This forum unfortunately removes those empty lines.

Regarding the Similar to the version script, you can use the result_dialog.validate event to register for the Add Result click and use this to execute custom code.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias

Hiding the Versions field was just to test a script, but yes I got it working with the result_dialog.validate ! Thanks alot for helping out. This is great !

Posting my script so other people can see this if they need it.

Best regards
Roy T

name: Hello world
description: Shows a ‘Hello, world!’ message on the dashboard
includes: ^tests
excludes:

js:
(document).ready( function() { alert('Hello, world!'); .subscribe(‘result_dialog.validate’,‘uiscript’,function(){
alert(‘jada’);
});

}

);

Hello Roy,

You are welcome and great to hear that you got it working!

Cheers,
Tobias