Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

ToDo tab in 4.0 has severely gimped us

The ToDo tab seems to have lost a lot of functionality for us.

I used the untested feature a lot to see what needs to be done for a certain test plan.

It would be really helpful if the results could be sorted by test plan.

We’re in the same boat. Since the update, the entire section for filtering Todos is missing. I’m seeing a list of all my test assignments, including ones that have already been marked as Pass/Fail/etc. How do I filter my assignments to only show Untested?

I also can’t find the button that allows us to set results for multiple selected test cases. Where was that functionality moved?

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. The new Todo page now integrates with the standard test run page (in order to benefit from the added features such as advanced filters, improved navigation and much more). You can still group by test plans on the Todo page via the ‘Group by’ option:

Rtorchia: the button for adding multiple test results was moved above the tests (on the test run page) as part of the new toolbar. This now looks similar to:

(this is for test suites but it looks similar for test runs)

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

What is the number in parenthesis next to the test suite name? I have a suite that is 100% complete but there is still a number next to it. When I click into the suite all test cases have a result.

In the picture you show:
Document Editing (42) <— what is this number?

Can’t find a way to filter Todo list to include only UNTESTED cases

The number next to the test runs represents the amount of open todos for the users you selected in the sidebar. Todos in this context means assigned tests with a status different than Passed.

eminin: You can view the untested tests by going to the actual test run page.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

Hello,

this todo is very confusing…

It makes sense to have it like this: only show “untested and re-test” statuses as this is the current load…

We do use statuses like “Block and Out of Scope” how we can do like this that these are not included under Todo load chart ?

Thanks,
V

Hello Viljam,

The Todo page now integrates with the test run page and it’s recommended to use the test run page in combination with the Todo tab. You can now filter for the status on the test run page, among other things. The Todo tab will also only display non-passed tests.

Regards,
Tobias

How do I see all Untested test cases assigned to me for one project? This functionality used to exist, and the filter was persistent, so I could access it immediately from a bookmark. Where is it now?

Hello TestRail Team,

new functionality is always nice to have, but not in exchange for good old features that are actually used, right ?

ToDo Tab is totally useless as it is right now. This was the most used tab for my Team as it used to be an easy 1 click way to see what is left on your plate. Untested cases for specific run - it is the definition of ToDo.

Please explain how can I see UNTESTED cases for specific RUN that are assigned to ME without extra steps like applying filter and loosing structural view.

Thank you.

Thanks for your feedback on this, that’s really appreciated. We hear you and understand that the status filter is an important feature for the Todo tab. We will look into this shortly.

Regards,
Tobias

+1. I don’t think the new view is useless, but it is a bit confusing and does remove useful functionality - the status based filter on the overall TODO page was very handy to get a broad overview without having to drill down into each Test Run.

Thanks for your feedback on this, Glenn.

Regards,
Tobias

+1 for Awesome2000’s post.

The two features I used most on the TODO tab have been removed - the ability to filter by status and a direct link back to the main Test Run page. It’s virtually useless, to me, now.

On a positive note, the new styling is very nice.

Edit: “virtually useless” was a bit extreme. What I should have said is that I have not yet fully appreciated the new features included on the new TODO tab. I do like the new graph showing assignment numbers, by user. That said, I do miss the old filters quite a bit, and would very much appreciate their return.

Again, love the new styling.

Thanks for your feedback and great to hear that you like the new design! We will make sure to look into re-adding the status filter.

Regards,
Tobias

I just wanted to let you all know that the next small update (4.0.1) will add a status filter to the Todo page and this version will be made available shortly for download. It has already been available for a few days on TestRail Hosted. Thanks again for your feedback on this!

Regards,
Tobias

Thank you for the update for the TODO page!
Now filtering for test case status on ‘Todo’ page is back, and it it really useful.

There is one thing though that is still missing, which used to be there before - filtering by Test Run set.

For example if we have 2 active Test Run sets, lets say ‘Test 1’ and ‘Test 2’, Todo list used to show filter result for both sets separately one under another, thus enabling to filter, for example, for Failed test cases for specific set.

Now Filter result show sections with test cases (failed in this case) for all active sets.
It is possible to see to what set cases belong to only by opening that set, which is not very handfull, as you cannot evaluate overall quantity of failed TC, etc.

It would be really helpful if ‘Todo’ page would also include filter for active set in addition to ‘Assignee’ and ‘Status’.

Could you please consider adding that?

Thank you!

[quote=TracK]Thank you for the update for the TODO page!
Now filtering for test case status on ‘Todo’ page is back, and it it really useful.

There is one thing though that is still missing, which used to be there before - filtering by Test Run set.

For example if we have 2 active Test Run sets, lets say ‘Test 1’ and ‘Test 2’, Todo list used to show filter result for both sets separately one under another, thus enabling to filter, for example, for Failed test cases for specific set.

Now Filter result show sections with test cases (failed in this case) for all active sets.
It is possible to see to what set cases belong to only by opening that set, which is not very handfull, as you cannot evaluate overall quantity of failed TC, etc.

It would be really helpful if ‘Todo’ page would also include filter for active set in addition to ‘Assignee’ and ‘Status’.

Could you please consider adding that?

Thank you![/quote]

Actually there is a way to divide test cases based on test run - by using ‘Group By’ functionality, grouping by Test plan.
The value in the graph though is not affected by ‘Group by’ and shows total value for all test run sets. To make that graph usable, adding ‘active test run’ or ‘test plan’ filter would be useful.

The new version with the changes for the Todo page (4.0.1) is now available for download as well:

http://forum.gurock.com/topic/1765/testrail-401-released/