Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

TestRail upgrade to PHP7.0 - Unsupported database driver specified (sqlsrv)

Hello,

I am getting an error when upgrading TestRail 5.5 and PHP 7.0.30. Any help is appreciated

What I had before:
TestRail5.2, PHP 5.6

What I did:
I installed the new version of TestRail
Installed PHP 7.0.30 from Web installer
Added Ioncube

After the error I updated the SQL driver for PHP 7.0 from web install and still receiving this error

when loading TestRail I receive this error.

Unsupported database driver specified (sqlsrv)
You have specified MS SQL Server as your database driver, but this database engine isn’t supported by your PHP configuration or server platform. Please make sure that the required PHP extensions are installed.

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v7.0\ext\php_pdo_sqlsrv.dll’ - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v7.0\ext\php_sqlsrv.dll’ - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Any help is appreciated

Hello @rramasamy,

Thanks for reaching out! There can be a few reasons for this error such as an issue with the config file or conflicting PHP versions. Can you please send an email to contact@gurock.com so one of our Support Engineers can assist with resolving the error?

Thanks!

@denriquez - I did email the support. I also have resolved by adding the right SQL Driver DLL. some instructions along with upgrading TestRail to PHP 7.0 would have been much helpful. you can mark this as closed.

thanks.