Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

TestRail Reports - Cleaning up reports

Hi guys,

I have been looking at some old report jobs and have found a couple of problems.

Firstly, when someone leaves the company, nobody can delete their report. I think Admins need the ability to do this.

Secondly, when someone deletes a Test Run / Plan that is being used for a report, the reports keep getting generated but are empty. Would it be possible to email the TestRail administrators and the report creator when this occurs? (emailing the admins makes sure that if the creator left the company, somebody would still be notified).

The third thing is that it would be handy to be able to sort the reports by name and group by their template id, so that we could bulk delete things when the data is no longer required.

Finally, the bug with the pagination of the results (navigation links disappearing) makes tidying up the reports impossible when there are more than 6 pages. Hopefully this will be fixed soon?

Thanks!

Hello Glenn,

Thanks for your posting. We will think about ways to improve this and giving administrators the right to delete other peoples reports may indeed be a solution for this. Regarding the bug: we haven’t been able to reproduce this on our side unfortunately. It would be great if you could try to find out the steps necessary to reproduce this and then send this via email to contact@gurock.com. Could you please check if you haven’t added any UI scripts which may influence the JavaScript behavior on this page?

Regards,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias.

Unfortunately I don’t have any further information that I can share with you on this as I don’t have any idea why it’s happening!

I have deleted all UI scripts on our staging server but the problem still occurs. I have tried IE and Chrome, both have the same problem.

We will try to reproduce this again but it would be great if you could try to find out a pattern as well on how to reproduce this (e.g. amount of reports or number of available pages).

Thanks,
Tobias

Hi again,

We will think about ways to improve this and giving administrators the right to delete other peoples reports may indeed be a solution for this.

Just making sure this is still on the radar. It’s becoming difficult to manage the list of reports for our project.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, it’s still planned to look into this and we understand that the current behavior is not ideal (e.g. if the user is no longer with the team, inactive etc.). We will make sure to review this again for a future version, thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

Am very interested in this enhancement too. Any word on it?