Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Testrail compatibility with MySQL 8

I am trying to setup TestRail with MySql 8.0.11. At the last step, when it creates the tables/schema, I am seeing this error on the portal,

An error occurred (Creating Database Schema): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘groups’ at line 1

My MySQL version is 8.0.11 and is not hosted locally, TestRail version is 5.5.1.3746 and PHP version is 7.0

Thanks!

Hello gkulkarni,

Thank you for posting! The use of MySQL 8.0 is not yet supported for TestRail as we are still testing compatibility with this version. That said, we do have plans to add support for this in a future update. In the meantime, please try installing TestRail with a supported 5.X version of MySQL. The latest version, prior to the MySQL 8.0 release, is version 5.7 and we would recommend using this for your TestRail installation.

You can also find TestRail’s requirements and supported versions on our website here: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-requirements

I hope this helps!

Regards,
John