Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Testrail attachments not opening 2

Hi,

I use windows server 2012 r2
TestRail App in C:\inetpub\wwwroot
Attachments in C:\inetpub\pictures

I can add attachment to test case, and image added to attach folder (check in folder)
But if I open test case I don’t see image-preview. Why?
And if I click to image-place I see loader, loader, loader…
Help me, please! How fix it?

Hey there. Thanks for the post!

With images that are attached to posts using the attachment option (in the right column) by default you won’t see a preview of the image, just the file name and an icon. If you are adding the image into a text field to be embedded, it should use a local reference to the image and display it in the text field. If you’re not able to view the images when clicked as an attachment or when embedded into a text field there could be an issue with the attachments directory you’re using or user permissions for the TestRail user/system.

As a first step I would recommend double checking the attachments directory you’ve specified is fully writable to the IUSR user.

If you’re still having trouble, please reach out to our support team at contact@gurock.com so we can get a little more information about your set up and our team will be happy to help further. Cheers!