Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

TestRail API returned HTTP 401(No additional error message received)

We have a TestRail server integrated with AD/LADP. I am trying to use TestRail API v.2 through java code but am getting TestRail API returned HTTP 401(No additional error message received).
I was using username(abc) without alias(like @xyz.com) for the email address abc@xyz.com with my system/LDAP password which we used when log-in manually to testrail server.
And also using API key with email address(abc@xyz.com) instead of password does not worked for me. Im not testrail admin for some reasons. But my testrail admin confirmed that API option is enabled in the testrail server.

if i add cookie session id in APIClient, i was able to get data for the first 10 requests. later im getting following error:
TestRail API returned HTTP 401(“The maximum number of failed login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 10 minutes.”)

When i tried it with other testrail server in our supporting project, which is configured with testrail authentication. There i was able to access testrail through same API code i was developing.

For your kind information I was using APIClient & APIExemption java file provided in http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-api2/bindings-java. And i does not made any changes in it.

Kindly help me in the to overcome this issue. Thanks alot for having time.