Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

TestRail API: Is it possible to add and update custom result fields?

Is it possible to add and update custom result fields using TestRail API?

Hi mariab,

Thank you for posting! It is not currently possible to add or update custom result fields via the API. We do agree this would be a useful improvement for the API and we already have plans to review adding support for this in a future update. I have added your vote to our feature request for this which helps us to prioritize internally. That said, we don’t have a specific timeframe/ETA to provide for this yet.

Regards,
John

Thank you John for the prompt answer. We are missing this feature a lot.

Is it possible to add an attachment to run result of the test case ?

Hi mariab,

Thank you for the post! Yes, it is possible to upload attachments to test results via the API. There are also API endpoints to retrieve and delete attachments as well. You can find more information about the new API endpoints on our website here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-api2/reference-attachments

I hope this helps!

Regards,
John

Thank you John for the prompt reply?

Does Test Rail API support text formatting for the comment field on the test result ?

Thank you,
Maria

Hi John,

Thank you for the prompt reply. My understanding is that the attachment was added to Test Rail 5.7. Is it correct?

Another question:

Does TestRail API support text formatting for a comment field on the test result?

Thank you,
Maria