TestRail 126.96.36.1995 has been released with various bug fixes and minor enhancements. This release is available for Cloud immediately and will be available for Server (including Docker) environments in the coming days. Please keep an eye out for a forum update confirming Server availability.
Cookie Change for TestRail Server
Customers using Jira connected to TestRail Server now have an option to enable secure cookies under ‘Administration > Application’. Enabling this setting forces secure cookies, allowing Chrome to properly display information inside Jira issues.
API Changes for TestRail Server
With TestRail 6.7.0, we implemented pagination for some bulk API endpoints. Please read our Forum post here for additional details. The API response structure for TestRail Server customers will change to be consistent with the pending changes in 6.7.
However, the 250 entity limit will be optional and can be enabled by an Administrator under Site Settings > API:
To preview and plan for these changes, a Server administrator should enable the pagination as shown in the screenshot above, and your API requests must also include the following header and parameter:
--header 'x-api-ident: beta'
The first release available after the beta period ends will still make pagination optional for TestRail Server, but the structure of the API responses will change.
TestRail’s re-run feature has been improved. Previously, individual test assignment was not maintained when using the re-run option. Now, users now have the option to maintain individual test assignments.
- With TestRail Server utilizing SQL Server, an error occurs when trying to create a Test Run with more than 1000 test cases.
- When adding a copied test case to test runs, attachments do not appear in the corresponding test.
- In some cases where multiple closed test runs used the same test case, attachments appear in the wrong test runs.
- After editing a test case field’s project configurations, the edit button disappears.
- When editing a test case, keyboard shortcuts do not work.
- In some cases, hovering over a Jira issue ID inside TestRail returns an error “Undefined property: stdClass::$outwardIssue”.
- Users are unable to import an XML file of test cases if original test suite that the cases were exported from was deleted.
- ‘Defect Plugin’ and ‘Reference Plugin’ dropdowns do not populate correctly when using the Assembla or Jira integration wizards.
- When using the Dark theme and editing test cases, Custom User fields do not appear.
- Saving custom settings for Audit logging (TestRail Enterprise) throws an error in Windows Server environments.
- In some instances, a PHP Error is thrown when selecting the "Add new cases” option during an XML import.
- Administrators are not able to remove users from Groups in bulk edit mode.
- In multi-suite projects containing test plans using dynamic filters, edits to test cases cause tests to be added to or removed from wrong test runs.
- The ‘get_results’ API endpoints do not return the ‘created_by’ fields and values.
- In some instances, users are unable to save API keys under My Settings > API keys.
- Some users report being unable to delete attachments from test results or comments despite the option being available in the UI.
- When adding test results in Fast Track View (three-pane view), the order of result statuses does not match the order configured under Administration > Customizations.
- The storage calculation for TestRail Cloud customers is not updating properly after deleting projects
Getting TestRail 6.7.1
You can start a 14-day free trial of TestRail here (cloud or server): https://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/
If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, if you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/shop/annual/purchase/
Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: https://www.gurock.com/portal/
If you’d like to learn more about increasing your storage limit or enabling project-level administration, single sign-on, or any of the other features on TestRail Enterprise, please email us for a trial or quote via firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can use the contact form here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/support/.
Not sure which TestRail plan you’re on? Reach out and we’d be happy to help.
Updating to TestRail 6.7
TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
TestRail Server & TestRail Docker versions will be available for download soon.