Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

TestRail 6.7.1.1020 Released

TestRail 6.7.1.1020 has been released today for Cloud, Server & Docker versions of TestRail, with fixes for:

• Error thrown when attempting to forget users in the admin console.
  • Performance issues when accessing attachments.

API Changes for TestRail Server

With TestRail 6.7.0, we implemented pagination for some bulk API endpoints. Please read our Forum post here for additional details. The API response structure for TestRail Server customers will change to be consistent with the pending changes in 6.7.

However, the 250 entity limit will be optional and can be enabled by an Administrator under Site Settings > API:

To preview and plan for these changes, a Server administrator should enable the pagination as shown in the screenshot above, and your API requests must also include the following header and parameter:
--header 'x-api-ident: beta'

The first release available after the beta period ends (2021-02-26) will still make pagination optional for TestRail Server, but the structure of the API responses will change.

Getting the new version

• A 30-day fully functional trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server): http://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/
  • If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, If you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: Purchase & Buy TestRail Licenses
  • Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: http://www.gurock.com/portal/

Updating to the new version

• TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
  • If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details: Installation - Upgrading TestRail - TestRail
  • Docker users should follow the instructions here: Docker: Migrating and upgrading TestRail - TestRail

TestRail Enterprise

Please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.

Does this fix the smtp issue from 6.6.1

Connection could not be established with host our-email.server.com :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to none://our-email.server.com:25 (Unable to find the socket transport "none" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?)

When will the smtp issue be resolved as 6.7.1.1020 does not fix it

@PHeginbotham

Hey Peter,

I do understand the inconvenience you’re facing. This issue is fixed but not live yet and is planned to be available in upcoming releases. Please stay tuned for more updates on this.

Regards,
Shanu

I am not seeing the API option you are referring to.
I am using TR Version 6.7.1.1021TR_ONE

Upgrading from 6.1.1.1020 we ge the following - any ideas where we should be looking?

php72 run.php update
Your TestRail installation requires a database update (from version 194 to
225). Please take the time to create a backup of your database before running
the update.
Continue? - Cancel with Ctrl+C, confirm with Enter …
Applying update 195 …
Applying update 196 …
Applying update 197 …
Applying update 198 …
Applying update 199 …
Applying update 200 …
Applying update 201 …
Applying update 202 …
Applying update 203 …
Applying update 204 …
Applying update 205 …
Applying update 206 …
Invalid default value for ‘created_on’

Can we please try to address email notification issue sooner rather then later ?

This is an extremely important feature, and last thing we want to do as users is miss on the new feature due to need to roll back in order to get the emails going …

Emails are working fine with 6.2.2.1107

Please keep us posted

Thank you

@mmaliska

Hey Mike,

Are you on Cloud or Enterprise ?

Regards,
Shanu

@shanu.mandot
We are using the cloud version.

@mmaliska

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the details. This is an option for TestRail Server while for TestRail Cloud, it’s mandatory (after the Feb 26 cutoff date).

I hope this helps !

Regards,
Shanu

@jovanon

Hey Nenad,

Just to confirm, are you talking about SMTP relay issue without encryption. If so, it is resolved and hopefully will be part of an upcoming release. However, one thing to note is - this worked fine on previous versions prior to 6.6.

So, I am little confused when you used the version 6.2.2.1107. Could you please email our Support Team with all the important details like error messages, versions, configurations etc at contact@gurock.com so that we can troubleshoot it further for you?

Regards,
Shanu

@shanu.mandot
I see I thought it was for the cloud as well in order to force it early and that is what I was trying to do.
We are ready for the changes on the 26th but I was doing a double check.

Thank you
Mike

1 Like

Glad to hear that ! :slight_smile:

Hi Shanu,

I am talking about 6.6.0.156 that we are currently running - 6.2.2 is our QA environment…

So to confirm it is broken on our current version 6.6.0.156, and when I try to send the test email I get the following:

Sending the test email failed. Please see the following messages and server output for details:

Connection could not be established with host azmta.amcs.tld :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to none://azmta.amcs.tld:25 (Unable to find the socket transport "none" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?)

Can we please confirm if this fix is available in 6.7.1.1020 and what was the last version that this feature worked on so we can potentially upgrade our QA version to test few things?

Thank you very much for your help

Nenad

Hi All - SMTP issues should be fixed in the 6.7.2 build we just released.

Sounds good - we will get this going and test …

Thank you

Nenad