TestRail 184.108.40.2067 has been released with various bug fixes and API updates.
General Bug Fixes:
- Added indices to entity_attachments table in order to improve performance.
- When hovering over a Reference ID for a test run, the hover pop-up was not staying visible long enough to click on any links.
- When editing a test result, the attachment area was not appearing, preventing the addition of new attachments.
- Users without project access were able to access attachments directly by the attachment ID via a URL or the TestRail API
- When a test case field was not applied to all test case templates, it would not appear when editing the case in Fast Track View.
- When editing a test case in Fast Track View, references were being removed from the test case.
- When upgrading TestRail Server from 6.3.1 to a more recent version with MySQL as the database engine, a “Duplicate Column Name ‘refs’” error would appear.
- Updating test cases using XML importing was failing or not updating a section in some situations.
- An error message would appear when trying to assign multiple tests within a test run
- update_plan_entry allowed a user to remove all tests from a test plan entry by submitting ‘include_all: false’ and omitting a case_ids array.
- Editing a test result was not allowing a user to save an elapsed time in milliseconds.
- The new searchable dropdown menus released in TestRail 6.5 did not allow deselecting an option.
- Adding attachments to some entities incorrectly required permission to add and edit test cases.
- update_run and add_run did not validate the test cases provided were from the correct project or suite.
- A NEW delete_cases endpoint has been added, allowing users to delete multiple test cases with a single API call
- A NEW get_current_user API endpoint has been added, allowing a user to determine his/her own user info
- A NEW get_history_for_case API endpoint has been added, allowing users to retrieve edit history for test cases via the API
- A NEW update_cases API endpoint has been added, allowing users to update a set of test cases with a single set of values.
- A ‘refs’ filter has been added for some endpoints, allowing users to retrieve entities based on a single reference ID. The following endpoints have been updated:
- A ‘soft’ parameter has been added to some delete endpoints, allowing users to see the number of affected tests, or other entities before deleting an entity. The following endpoints have been updated:
- The update_case endpoint now supports updating a case’s section_id.
Getting TestRail 6.5.4
A 14-day trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server): http://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/
If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, if you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/shop/annual/purchase/
Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: http://www.gurock.com/portal/
Updating to TestRail 6.5.4
TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/
If you’re using Docker, please refer to the instructions here: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-docker