Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

TestRail 6.5.1.1002 Released

TestRail 6.5.1.1002 has been released with various bug fixes.

General Bug Fixes:

• Test Plan entries did not appear in the TestRail for Jira add-on, as discussed here
  • When viewing or editing test cases, the Milestones field can overlap another field (usually the References field).
  • Upgrading to 6.5 from a previous TestRail version will no longer cause an error in projects integrated with GitHub. A workaround to reconfigure the plugin is no longer required.
  • Searchable drop-down menus were not properly searching inside parenthesis or indented lists (such as sections and milestones)
  • Test cases were not rendering properly when the automation_type field was applied to specific templates. This bug caused JavaScript errors when trying to save new or edited test cases. Test case creation and editing should work as expected now.

Fixes Directly Related To Dynamic Filters:

• Test cases were not being removed from, or added to test runs when editing test cases in bulk. Bulk editing test cases now updates corresponding dynamic filters.
  • Test cases which have field data from a previously used template will not be included in dynamic filters. Test cases which have field data from a previously used test case template will not be added to dynamic filters if the case’s current template does not have include filtered fields.
  • When dragging and dropping test cases between sections, test cases were not being added to, or removed from, test runs with section-based dynamic filters. Drag and drop within TestRail’s UI should update runs using section-based dynamic filters.
  • When attempting to edit a dynamic filter within a test plan entry, a ‘Field Case IDs is not a valid ID list.’ error would appear. This error should no longer appear, allowing users to edit the test plan’s dynamic filter.
  • Dynamic filters were not always processing custom fields. Custom fields are now correctly recognized by dynamic filters.

Getting TestRail 6.5

A 14-day trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server): http://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/

If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, if you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/shop/annual/purchase/

Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: http://www.gurock.com/portal/

Updating to TestRail 6.5

TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.

If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/

As with all updates, please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.

If you’re using Docker, Docker files have not yet been updated. A separate announcment will be made when the Docker downloads are available.

TestRail Enterprise

If you’re interested in our Enterprise package, please email us for a trial or quote via contact@gurock.com, or you can use the contact form here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/support/

2 Likes

It appears this update has introduced a new bug. Please see forum discussion “Incorrect stats - Test Run Overview

Hi @FranC,

Thanks for notifying us. This does appear to be a regression issue with the 6.5.1 release. We have been able to identify this issue only affects the statistics when viewing the list of test runs on the ‘Test Runs & Results’ tab. The statistics are calculating total percentages based on the total number of tests + the total of all statuses applied. Clicking on a test run will show the correct statistics for the run.

This issue applies to test runs and we have been unable to identify any other miscalculations for test plans, milestones, etc. That being said, we have reported this issue to our developers to apply a fix to the calculation issue.

Please let us know if any further issues appear as a result of the latest release.

Regards,
Jon

Hello All,

Correction to the above release notes. The Issue with GitHub was not included in the release.
If you receive an ‘Undefined Index: Email’ error when attempting to access a TestRail project, an Administrator for your instance needs to reconfigure the plugin, as described in the original 6.5.0 Release notes here:

When reconfiguring the plugin, these values do not need to be set and can be left as-is:
email=<github-email-id>
username=<github-user-name>

Apologies for any confusion,
Jon

1 Like

I’m experiencing an issue where when I try to push a defect, the component field doesn’t get populated.

My current Jira setup has this

[push.fields]
component=on

[push.field.component]
remember=false
type=dropdown

When I try to push that results in

If I update the block to this as in the docs

[push.field.component]
label=Component
size=compact
remember=false
required=false
type=dropdown

or like I had prior to upgrading:

[push.field.component]
remember=false
type=dropdown

I get

Once I add a label back in, it won’t update the component options.

Hi @jonny,

Thanks for reaching out. There is a minor change that needs to be made to the Jira configuration. The plugin can be reconfigured, or the component=on line can be changed to components=on (adding the s).

You can find additional information here:

Hope this helps,
Jon

1 Like

ahh thanks, missed that :slight_smile: