TestRail 220.127.116.112 has been released with various bug fixes.
General Bug Fixes:
- Test Plan entries did not appear in the TestRail for Jira add-on, as discussed here
- When viewing or editing test cases, the Milestones field can overlap another field (usually the References field).
Upgrading to 6.5 from a previous TestRail version will no longer cause an error in projects integrated with GitHub. A workaround to reconfigure the plugin is no longer required.
- Searchable drop-down menus were not properly searching inside parenthesis or indented lists (such as sections and milestones)
Fixes Directly Related To Dynamic Filters:
- Test cases were not being removed from, or added to test runs when editing test cases in bulk. Bulk editing test cases now updates corresponding dynamic filters.
- Test cases which have field data from a previously used template will not be included in dynamic filters. Test cases which have field data from a previously used test case template will not be added to dynamic filters if the case’s current template does not have include filtered fields.
- When dragging and dropping test cases between sections, test cases were not being added to, or removed from, test runs with section-based dynamic filters. Drag and drop within TestRail’s UI should update runs using section-based dynamic filters.
- When attempting to edit a dynamic filter within a test plan entry, a ‘Field Case IDs is not a valid ID list.’ error would appear. This error should no longer appear, allowing users to edit the test plan’s dynamic filter.
- Dynamic filters were not always processing custom fields. Custom fields are now correctly recognized by dynamic filters.
Getting TestRail 6.5
A 14-day trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server): http://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/
If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, if you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/shop/annual/purchase/
Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: http://www.gurock.com/portal/
Updating to TestRail 6.5
TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/
As with all updates, please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.
If you’re using Docker, Docker files have not yet been updated. A separate announcment will be made when the Docker downloads are available.