TestRail 188.8.131.523 has been released today with fixes for the following issues:
- Push defect from anywhere functionality re-enabled (we discovered that ALL attachments were being sent to the integrated tool, and disabled it for a period to prevent this from happening).
- When using a defect plugin and then hovering over Defect IDs in TestRail, IDs which included a hyphen (such as Jira IDs) were not being retrieved.
- When hovering a reference plugin and then hovering over a Reference ID, users were seeing a “User does not have a valid OAuth connection” error after the 6.4 release, as reported here.
- In some situations where the Separated Steps field was deleted by an administrator, and recreated at a later time, Fast Track editing could cause the deletion of a test case’s separated steps.
If you have TestRail integrated with Assembla, please update your Defect and Reference View URLs to: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/yourspacenamehere/tickets/realtime_list?ticket=%id%
If your Assembla instance is located in the EU, please use https://eu-app.assembla.com/spaces/yourspacenamehere/tickets/realtime_list?ticket=%id% (instead of https://app.assembla.com…)
Complete integration documentation can be found here.
Getting the new version
- A 30-day fully functional trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server): http://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/
- If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, If you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/shop/annual/purchase/
- Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: http://www.gurock.com/portal/
Updating to the new version
- TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
- If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/
- If you’re interested in our Enterprise package , please email us for a trial or quote via firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can use the contact form here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/support/
Please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.