Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

TestRail 6.2.3.1114 Released

TestRail 6.2.3.1114 has been released today with fixes for the following issues:

• IE11 users were unable to changes when editing group settings for individual users or groups. Now fixed.
  • We removed the attachment file name from get attachments API response body, since the file itself was not directly accessible and we wanted to make this less confusing for endpoint users.
  • We fixed a database error that we were seeing in our production logs, but was not being manifested in the UI (so most people were probably completely unaware of it!)

Getting the new version

Updating to the new version

• TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
  • If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/

TestRail Enterprise

Please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.

Cheers,
Simon

Is this the last ‘planned’ 6.2 patch/updates?

It’s the last ‘planned’ one yes. We just started testing our 6.3 build. I can’t categorically rule out another 6.2 patch between now and 6.3 though. :slight_smile:

I know I should know this answer but I beliece that if we are on 6.1.xx on our Production serve than all we need to do is use the last patch (the most recnet one) 6.2.xxx to fully upgrade the Production server (since we replace all of the files and TR should see any DB changes) - correct?

Hi @BGanger - yep, you can just replace your install files with the new 6.2 ones and you should be all good.

Don’t forget to take a backup first though!

Cheers,
Simon

1 Like

Hi

Are there any plans to update the docker tags for testrail/apache:6.2 and testrail/apache:latest to point to the new package?

Hi @samcook - sorry, the updates got overlooked when we did the original release. The tags have now been updated, and thanks for letting us know about the problem!

Cheers,
Simon