Subscribe Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

TestRail 6.2.1.1005 Released

TestRail 6.2.1.1005 has been released today with a fix for the following issues:

• Test cases not removed automatically from dynamic filtering test run.

This feature was working correctly in our original 6.2 release - but we broke it in our subsequent 6.2.1 release. Now fixed with apologies.

Getting the new version

Updating to the new version

• TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
  • If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/

TestRail Enterprise

Please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.

Hi, using api/v2 requests this morning with this new release, the response time doesn’t look good (for example: 3.5 sec to get the list of project).

Does this release has any impact on api/v2 performance?

(I’m daily using the api system to import/update my scenario)

Thanks in advance.

Hi @geoff - we’re not aware of any systemic performance issues related to the release. If you continue to experience problems, I’d recommend contacting our support team so we can troubleshoot further.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi @sjpknight

We’ve only just started using Test Rail and were very impressed until this week having had the upgrade to 6.2. However we’re very disappointed by the changes on this release with regards to the Save Validation feature as it will increase our workflow significantly…

The main problem being is that we are needing to make changes to fields on the test case and it’s no longer allowing us to.

I believe that part of the problem is that some of the fields are custom fields. We often need to change only these custom fields when we are finalising our tests or making new test from a copy of a test. It appears to me that you’ve decided that changing a custom field is not a Material change - well to us it is most certainly a material change. It will mean on hundreds of tests we’ll need to make unnecessary changes in order to change the custom field.

Fields I was unable to change in a test case include…
Type
Priority
Automation Type
Or any of our custom fields….

At first I thought this maybe an error - but reading through the release details below it seems this might actually be by design??!!

Save Validation
While we were making the Fast Track Editing changes, we also had a keen eye on improving the overall performance of TestRail. We wanted to make sure that the number of calls to the database was kept to a minimum, thereby improving the user experience for everyone.
We also wanted to make sure that any changes being recorded in the TestRail Enterprise audit logs were completely accurate – eliminating the possibility of audit logs being created when no actual changes had taken place.

For this reason, we implemented Save Validation on all the TestRail views. From 6.2 onwards, you won’t have the option of saving an entity (a case, a result, a milestone, a run, a custom field, an administration setting, etc) unless a material change to that entity has been made.*

Hi @Jen1 - we’re aware that this was a limitation of the initial 6.2 release. We have a fix for this issue in a 6.2.2 build which I anticipate releasing very soon.

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Thank you @sjpknight - Much appreciated!