TestRail 184.108.40.2060 has been released today with fixes for various issues:
- The add_case_field API endpoint no longer raises error code 500 if the config object is empty.
- The Forget User (GDPR) feature no longer manifests an “Undefined Offset: 0” error. This was occurring when attempting to use the feature in conjunction with a custom user field that was not assigned to a project. The issue has now been fixed.
- We added a scrollbar to the defect push dialog, so that it can be used with large numbers of push fields more easily.
- We fixed an issue in the audit logs to prevent further actions being included in scheduled exports, after the reports were scheduled.
- We fixed the Suite view UI so that it renders the menu bar correctly when responding to browser window size changes.
- We updated the secure version/check page so that only Server users can use it to check for the latest version (Cloud instances are always on the latest version.)
- We modified the font used during custom multi-select fields selection while using the Dark Mode theme introduced in 6.0. It turns out that black text on black backgrounds causes some accessibility issues…
- Exports were prone to failure on large instances in our production cloud environment, potentially causing a range of issues. That’s now been fixed also.
- Subsequent to our 6.1 release, trying to update a project to completed using the is_completed endpoint resulted in a 500 error. We fixed that too.
- Chrome users had an issue whereby they were unable to select logout or "my settings” on their subscriptions page. Now fixed.
- We identified a potential vulnerability in the Test Case Folder Tree. Now removed.
- With all the UI enhancements we’ve been making, somehow we missed the ability to remove filter lines from the filtering dialogue. You’ll be pleased to learn that the ability to remove filter lines has now been reintroduced.
Getting the new version
- A 30-day fully functional trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server): http://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/
- If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, If you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/shop/annual/purchase/
- Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: http://www.gurock.com/portal/
Updating to the new version
- TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
- If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/
- If you’re interested in our Enterprise package, please email us for a trial or quote via email@example.com, or you can use the contact form here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/support/
Please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.