TestRail 5.7.1 has been released today with fixes for the following issues:
- As a result of our recent Jira plugin changes, assignments were not actioned correctly when pushing defects from TestRail to Jira. That’s now been fixed.
- The add_attachment_to_result endpoint was returning a 400 response instead of a 403 when the API user didn’t have appropriate project access. Now fixed.
- We did a bunch of work to make sure all the other responses for add_attachment methods are consistent with existing TestRail API methods also.
- We updated the get_attachment API method responses, so they now return result_id instead of test_change_id. Please accept our apologies in advance if this breaks any of your existing implementations!
- We tweaked the edit test result behaviour so that if you edit a historic test result, it doesn’t overwrite the most recent result with your changes.
- We introduced some limitations on the number of users that can be added to TestRail trials to prevent abuse of our services. The maximum number of users that can be added to a TestRail trial is now 50.
Getting the new version
- A 30-day fully functional trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server): http://www.gurock.com/testrail/trial/
- If you want to create a subscription for TestRail Cloud, you can do so from within TestRail via Administration > Subscription . Or, If you want to order TestRail Server licenses you can do so from our website here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/shop/annual/purchase/
- Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal: http://www.gurock.com/portal/
Updating to the new version
- TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
- If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/
- If you’re interested in our Enterprise package, please email us for a trial or quote via email@example.com, or you can use the contact form here: https://secure.gurock.com/customers/support/
Please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.