Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.
 

TestRail 5.7.1 Released

TestRail 5.7.1 has been released today with fixes for the following issues:

  • As a result of our recent Jira plugin changes, assignments were not actioned correctly when pushing defects from TestRail to Jira. That’s now been fixed.
  • The add_attachment_to_result endpoint was returning a 400 response instead of a 403 when the API user didn’t have appropriate project access. Now fixed.
  • We did a bunch of work to make sure all the other responses for add_attachment methods are consistent with existing TestRail API methods also.
  • We updated the get_attachment API method responses, so they now return result_id instead of test_change_id. Please accept our apologies in advance if this breaks any of your existing implementations!
  • We tweaked the edit test result behaviour so that if you edit a historic test result, it doesn’t overwrite the most recent result with your changes.
  • We introduced some limitations on the number of users that can be added to TestRail trials to prevent abuse of our services. The maximum number of users that can be added to a TestRail trial is now 50.

Getting the new version

Updating to the new version

  • TestRail Cloud instances are automatically updated to the latest version. You can check your version via the TestRail Help > About TestRail menu item.
  • If you are using the on-premise version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details: http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-upgrading/

TestRail Enterprise

Please ensure you make a backup of your current on-premise installation before upgrading to the new version.

Cheers,
Simon

1 Like

Hi, this is great that this release ‘partially’ fixes the jira integration issue. The problem is that I can 't see the full list of potential JIRA users that I could assign to the created jira ticket, so I can’t assign to anyone with a name starting with M or later. I can confirm that I can assign a ticket now to a person that is the beginning of the alphabetically order list. Would be great if I would assign to any jira user. Can this be fixed, otherwise the fix is irrelevant as I cant assign the ticket to half of the JIRA users.

Hi @luiiul - can you provide some more information please? The number of users you expect in the list and a screenshot would be great, since I just tested this out on our installation and I get a complete list or Jira users in the Assignee dropdown list.

Cheers,
Simon

Here is a screenshot of the bottom of the list. I manually counted, and it looks like there are 100 people in the list ahead of the last listed user Minakshi. We have a lot more users. It would be good if I could type a few characters to filter the list would be good as well, so we don’t need the big list of potential assignees being displayed. We are also on the cloud version

1 Like

Regarding:

We had not been seeing this issue (if I understand it correctly), but another. This new v5.7.1 doesn’t appear to have fixed the problem that happens quite frequently (i.e, daily) for us in that editing a test result, the “Assigned to” field is cleared (i.e., becomes empty).

Hi @Dan_VeritasSplendor - can you send us some more details about how/when you’re encountering this issue please? Whether you’re on cloud or server, what browser etc. would be useful insights also.

Cheers,
Simon

@sjpknight
When someone edits a test result (not the initial adding of the result), the “Assigned to” field becomes blank. There is no record of this change (like there is when I assign a test case to a tester). Don’t know for 100% certain, but my conclusion is that the clearing of “Assigned to” happens with every editing/saving of the test result (from what I’ve observed). Sorry I cannot tell you if the type of the field(s) being updated (i.e., Custom or System), or how many fields are being updated at anyone time (will need some investigation for that).

  • Version issue started appearing = v5.7
  • Environment = Server
  • Use the “Use a single repository with baseline support” option for the project.
  • Under “Site Settings” -> Pagination limit = 500
  • The testers that edited the results all had the Role = “Tester”.
  • All the tests we do use "Type = “Steps” (allows multiple steps per case).
  • Browser used = Chrome (of the 2 people that have responded to my query, 2 more to come).

Ok @Dan_VeritasSplendor - thanks for letting us know about that. We’ll look into the issue and get a fix out soon.

Cheers,
Simon

@sjpknight Update on browser: it is not unique to Chrome, for I am using FireFox and seeing the issue.

@sjpknight We get this issue too. Though as we have a larger number of Jira users we can’t see past names starting with B.

All issues cited above have been fixed in todays deployment: TestRail 5.7.1.4028 Released.

Cheers,
Simon

1 Like

@sjpknight Glad to report that initial test of TestRail 5.7.1.4028 does indeed confirm that the “edit test results clearing the “Assigned to” field” issue we earlier reported has been fixed.

Thank you for the quick response on this!!