TestRail 5.3 is now available. The new version adds various new agile test management features, better resource planning, improved forecasts, project favorites and many smaller things and features! Please see below for the full list of changes:
- Added: Sub-milestones as additional unit to structure test runs & plans; meant for managing short-lived "iterations" or "sprints"
- Added: Start date and scheduling support for milestones and sub-milestones; separation between active/upcoming/completed milestones and test runs/plans (overview pages, filters, forms, etc.)
- Added: Support for active/upcoming/completed milestones for todos per user on Todo page (signaled with different colors in the chart)
- Added: Project favorites per user on dashboard page to highlight important projects
- Added: Support for milestone filter on Todo page in sidebar to show the todos for a select milestone or sub-milestone only
- Added: Completed On attribute for test run filters (e.g. on Select Runs dialog on Reports tab)
- Added: Return created_on/created_by fields for runs in plan API methods (e.g. get_plan)
- Added: Info message on Progress page for milestones if projected completion date is later than due date
- Added: Additional indicator on integration settings page (next to Defect/Reference Plugin dropdown) if one or more projects override the global integration settings
- Changed: Make use of (new) milestone start date on Progress page if available; fall back to date of first result or first test run (for improved forecast accuracy and burndown chart)
- Changed: Improved accuracy for projected completion dates for milestones on Progress page with mix of active and completed runs/plans
- Fixed: Prevent possible "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()" message on My Settings page with invalid UI scripts
- Fixed: Search results may include tests/results for cases that are not actually included in a run (deselected)
- Fixed: Columns on search result page may be truncated (depending on result type; sidebar explanation)
- Fixed: Timespan values (Estimate/Elapsed) accept decimals and only use the fractional part in this case
- Fixed: Milestone summary report (Reports tab) may render "Remaining Tests" and "Remaining Effort" lines in burndown chart incorrectly with test plans (not runs)
- Fixed: Progress section in summary reports (Reports tab) may mark "high accuracy" projected completion dates as "low accuracy"
- Fixed: Possible message "htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given" when editing multiple test cases with a multi-select field assigned to a different template
- Fixed: Possible database error in background task when calculating forecast/burndown data with really large data sets ("Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type int") (SQL Server only)
- Fixed: Print views for runs/plans/milestones (Details mode) may not show all custom fields for tests with mix of different templates
Getting the new version
A 30-day fully functional trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server):
If you want to order TestRail, you can do so directly in our online shop:
Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal:
Updating to the new version
All accounts of TestRail Cloud already use the new version.
If you are using the download version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there's no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details:
Please take the time to make a backup of your current installation before upgrading to the new version.