We are happy to announce the immediate availability of TestRail 4.1! The main features of this version are a direct CSV/Excel import and an improved CSV/Excel export. You can learn more about the new version on our blog:
What’s new in TestRail 4.1
Please see below for the changes of this version.
- Added: CSV import for test cases and sections
- Added: Customizable CSV export for test suites, runs, plans and milestones
- Added: Milestone filter (milestone_id) for get_cases API method (v2)
- Changed: “Assign To > Assign all in filter” on run pages now also adds an entry to the test result history
- Fixed: CSV exports of Date fields might display an incorrect date value (depending on user time zone)
- Fixed: Due date for milestones in Summary > Milestone report might display an incorrect date value (depending on user time zone)
- Fixed: Possible “Filter has one or more empty values” validation error when filtering for ‘0’ (e.g. with suite or run filters)
- Fixed: Layout of test plan form is incorrect (sidebar) for users without Add/Edit Configuration permissions
Getting the new version
A 30-day fully functional trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server):
If you want to order TestRail, you can do so directly in our online shop:
Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal:
Updating to the new version
All accounts of TestRail Hosted already use the new version.
If you are using the download version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details:
Please take the time to make a backup of your current installation before upgrading to the new version.