We are happy to announce the immediate availability of TestRail 4.0.1!
What’s new in TestRail 4.0.1
Please see below for the changes of this version.
- Added: Support for status filter on Todo tab, including status filter propagation to test run
- Added: Show tooltip when hovering over long page titles with full title (e.g. on case/test pages)
- Added: Created/Updated On/By fields to test case filters (e.g. on test suite page, Select Cases dialog or reports)
- Added: Option for Issue Links field for Jira_REST defect plugin to automatically reuse and pre-fill the references of the related test cases
- Added: List of runs/configurations to sidebar on test plan overview
- Added: Do not show all users in hint message for runs if operating in todo mode (if user count exceeds a certain limit)
- Added: Show prominent info message in sidebar on test page if test/run is completed
- Changed: Increased default pagination limit for test suites/runs to 350
- Changed: Increased maximum pagination limit for test suites/runs to 1000 (use compact or subgroup view modes beyond that limit)
- Fixed: Ctrl+click does not open links in new tab (on test suite/run pages)
- Fixed: Make sure to truncate subjects of notifications that may be too long otherwise (prevents possible database error “String or binary data would be truncated”)
- Fixed: Date fields do not open date select control for filtering on Select Cases or Select Runs dialogs
- Fixed: Table cell for width input control on Select Columns dialog may be too small (IE only)
- Fixed: Pre-formatted text/code does not wrap in separated steps or text controls
- Fixed: Possible “sort() expects parameter 1 to be array” issue with update_plan_entry (API v2)
Getting the new version
A 30-day fully functional trial version of TestRail can be requested here (hosted on our servers or as download to install on your own server):
If you want to order TestRail, you can do so directly in our online shop:
Registered customers can download the full version from our customer portal:
Updating to the new version
All accounts of TestRail Hosted already use the new version.
If you are using the download version of TestRail, you can update to the new version as usual by installing it over your existing TestRail installation (there’s no need to uninstall your existing installation). The database upgrade wizard is automatically started when you access TestRail with your web browser. Please see the update instructions for details:
Please take the time to make a backup of your current installation before upgrading to the new version.