Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Test Suite organization/grouping

Our list of Test Suites in a particular project has become long and hard to find what you’re looking for. It would be nice if you could group/tree the Test suites like you can the test cases/sections.

For example, if I have 5 reports and I want a test suite for each report, I ended up creating suites for :

Reports - Report A
Reports - Report B
Reports - Report C
Reports - Report D
Reports - Report E

Being able to have a section called Reports and moving all suites under that would be nice. Is this planned?

Hello,

Thanks for your posting and the suggestion. Yes, this is something we have on our TODO/feature request list already. We don’t currently have any concrete plans to add this in the near future but its something we will look into again after the next 1/2 feature releases (along with some other related enhancements).

Just in case you haven’t seen it, you can also change the suite overview to display the suite list much more compact than the default view via the icons in the toolbar (‘Switch to small view’).

Regards,
Tobias