Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Test Runs tab: group by assignee shows unassigned

Hi,

we have recently upgraded to 4.0.4. When we go in the test runs tab, we see the runs properly but if we want to group by assignee, it says there are no assignees. In each run of each test plan, we assigned all test cases to one person and there is also a default assignee for each run. Unless there is some option I did not check, I do not understand…

Regards,
Louis

Finding unassigned tests in a Project's Milestones

Hello Louis,

Thanks for your posting. The reason for this is that test plans cannot be assigned (only the test runs in a plan) and the Test Runs & Results overview page would always group test plans under “Unassigned”. We know that this is a bit confusing and it’s planned to make this clearer. We recommend using the Todo tab to see todos/assignments per user or for multiple users (this also lists the runs of a test plan):

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias

you said that test plans cannot be “assigned”, only test runs in a plan. Like I said in my first request, this is exactly what I did, I assigned a test run inside a test plan to someone. Are you saying that a test run inside a test plan cannot be seen as assigned even if it has been assigned to someone?

You said : the Test Runs & Results overview page would always group test plans under “Unassigned”.

I believe this is a bug since the test runs inside those plans have been assigned individually.

Thanks,
Louis

Hello Louis,

Thanks for the update. As the test runs are not displayed on the Test Runs & Results overview page (only the parent test plan), this would actually be the correct behavior but I agree that this is a bit confusing. Since test runs in a test plan can be assigned to multiple persons, we also cannot simply display the test plan grouped under one assignee (as there can be multiple assignees). I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any questions.

Regards,
Tobias