Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Test runs not updating without having to refresh the page

Hi,

My team just started using Testrail, but when they add results to a test run, the page doesn’t auto refresh which means that one QA might start testing something another QA is already testing. I’m wondering how we can visualize that someone is testing a specific test point without having to manually refresh the page constantly?

I’m trying to use the Elapsed time function, but other users doesn’t see this under In Progress without having to refresh the page. We’re currently running cloud based Atlassian, could this affect this in any way? I have used Testrail at previous companies and then QA could immediately see whenever another QA had selected “Start”

Thank you
Helena, QA Manager

Hi Helena,

Thanks for your posting. We recommend using the three-pane view to go through your tests and this will show the current version of the test including results/comments/progress etc. whenever you change a test:

https://blog.gurock.com/testrail-5-1-introducing-testrail-fasttrack/

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve tried this, but it still requires another user to refresh the page in order to see the changes. We wanted to avoid having to manually update the page, but perhaps that’s not possible then?

Thanks
Helena

Hi Helena,

TestRail does not auto-refresh the page but every time you update the page in any way (e.g. via the three-pane view when going through your tests), it would show the most recent/current version of a test.

Cheers,
Tobias