Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Test Runs comprising test cases across various test suites

Hi,

Is there a possibility to add one test run to include test cases belonging to various test suites???

It will be a very interesting feature and we are in need of this for our testing.

Hello Vijaya,

Thanks for your posting. You can create a test plan to start multiple test runs for multiple suites at the same time. To create a test plan you can simply click the Add Test Plan button in the sidebar of the Test Runs & Results tab. You can then assign test suites to the run and even select configurations you want to test against.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I’m actually looking for an option to add few tests from each test suite under one run.

For example: Consider Test Suite 1 with Test cases TC1, TC2, TC3
Consider Test Suite 2 with Test cases TC4, TC5, TC6

Now I would like to initiate a test run to included the tests TC1, TC3, TC5, TC6.

Is this possible???

Hello Vijaya,

You would be able to do this by copying the test cases to the same suite, but you cannot start a test run for multiple test suites at the same time (as a test run is always started for a particular test suite). You would usually create a test plan for this, or organize your test cases in the same test suite as needed.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dennis