Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Test Rail Test Cases linked to Requirements in Jira

I am aware how I can link the Jira requirements within the Reference Field of Test Rail, but I am curious if there is a way to show on those Jira Requirement tickets what Test Rail tests are linked to it. Right now I only see the Testing Results and I am looking to see the link of Test Cases to the Requirements before we even assign out the tests for getting results.

Hello Jami,

Thanks for your posting! You can see the linked test cases on the issue page in JIRA on the right-hand side as part of the Test Cases panel (and this uses the Reference field):

This level of integration requires the TestRail for JIRA add-on:

https://blog.gurock.com/?p=3365

Or are you looking for something else?

You can also generate tracability and coverage matrixes in TestRail via the Cases > Coverage for References (or Results > Comparison for References) reports from the Reports tab.

Cheers,
Tobias

That’s exactly what I needed, must have been blind and was only looking at the middle of the page and not that right column of information. Thanks!

No problem, glad to help! Great to hear that this is what you are looking for :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias