Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Test Rail API bug on returning caseIds of test run

Hello there,

Using the Test Rail API as follows:

List<Project> allProjects = testRail.projects().list().execute();

for (Project curProject : allProjects) {
        //find the project we are looking to execute Runs for
        if(curProject.getName().equals(projectName)) {
            List<Run> allTestRuns = testRail.runs().list(curProject.getId()).execute();

System.out.println("whatareyou" + allTestRuns);

and the mentioned system out above shows all the test runs where I need to take their caseIds but it’s null(and there must be 3 caseIds in every run). That’s the system out:

whatareyou[Run(id=2, name=New Test Run 4/18/2019, description=null, url=https://pragmatictest.testrail.io/index.php?/runs/view/2, projectId=1, planId=null, suiteId=1, milestoneId=null, assignedtoId=null, includeAll=true, caseIds=null, createdOn=Thu Apr 18 15:35:29 EEST 2019, createdBy=1, isCompleted=false, completedOn=null, config=null, configIds=, passedCount=0, blockedCount=0, untestedCount=3, retestCount=0, failedCount=0, customStatus1Count=0, customStatus2Count=0, customStatus3Count=0, customStatus4Count=0, customStatus5Count=0, customStatus6Count=0, customStatus7Count=0), Run(id=1, name=Test Run 4/18/2019, description=null, url=https://pragmatictest.testrail.io/index.php?/runs/view/1, projectId=1, planId=null, suiteId=1, milestoneId=null, assignedtoId=null, includeAll=true, caseIds=null, createdOn=Thu Apr 18 14:09:58 EEST 2019, createdBy=1, isCompleted=false, completedOn=null, config=null, configIds=, passedCount=1, blockedCount=0, untestedCount=2, retestCount=0, failedCount=0, customStatus1Count=0, customStatus2Count=0, customStatus3Count=0, customStatus4Count=0, customStatus5Count=0, customStatus6Count=0, customStatus7Count=0)]

It looks like a bug in the testrail-api-java-client to me, anyone anything? As you can seee the “untestedCount” field has value of 3, which confirms there should be 3 caseIds inside. I wasn’t able to find a bug tracking system to report that bug to TestRail, can someone point me where it is, if any?

Thanks in advance.

Milen