Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Test History accross projects

Our test cycles are large, and take quite a bit of time, so we assign projects to each major release version of our software.

To manage this I have a project which contains a master list of testcases, which we copy into a project to build up the list of tests which need to be executed.

It would be really handy to have a way to show the history of where test cases have been moved / copied from or to inside the suite, and therefore be able to build a multiple version history of tests.

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your posting. We usually recommend a single project in combination with closing test runs (for versioning purposes) and milestones but I understand that a more strict separation can also make sense. Copying or moving test cases to a new project resets the test case history and one big reason for this are permissions. I’ve added your request to our feature request for now and we will think about ways to make this more flexible.

Thanks again and please let me know in case you have any further questions or feedback.

Regards,
Tobias