Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Summary of Test Run + List of found defects

Is there a way to display report with summary of test run (chart) and list of all found defects (not all cases - only defects).
Also if would be great to separate new defects from previously known.
Such picture is really what is expected from every test run.

[quote=ktrunin]Is there a way to display report with summary of test run (chart) and list of all found defects (not all cases - only defects).
Also if would be great to separate new defects from previously known.
Such picture is really what is expected from every test run.[/quote]

This is definitely what I need also.

List only the found defects and test result within a given period.

Alston

Hello Konstantin, Alston,

Thanks for your postings. The Defects > Summary report is the report you are looking for. This report list the found defects for a select set of test runs (“scope”). You can create such a report either on the Reports tab or via the Reports menu when viewing a test run (Defects > Summary).

Regards,
Tobias

Summary (Defects) report is not what we are looking for.
This report displays strange chart - I have no idea what is it’s meaning - in this report it will always show just a number of defects: http://monosnap.com/image/4HsYW7ghBaYWshd5WIfDxYZGpCQjAu.png
And below not list of defects but list of failed cases and their titles with links to defects.

This is useless for us.
What we need is regular chart that we have on Test Run.
And list of all the defects with their titles (retrieved from Jira of possible) - new defects and previously known defects.

Hello Konstantin,

Thanks for your reply. This report actually lists all found defects in the list below the test runs. It also includes the test/result the defect was found/added for as well as the current status of this test. TestRail wouldn’t currently display the issue title or status, but it’s already planned to look into this as well.

You can alternatively also just add the Defects and Defects All columns to the test tables on the test run page and this would also display all defects for a test run (including the option to show the issue details via mouse hover).

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias