Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Specifying configuration in /add_plan API

Hello,
As part of integrating Bamboo with TestRail, I create Testplan on the fly using the add_plan API. We have bamboo plan, which run some set of tests against various browsers. These Browsers are configurations in TestRail.

Because TestPlan need to be created on the fly, I need to be able to pass in the testsrail configuration in the add_plan API. Current, the API does not allow passing in of configuration

Post arguments:

• name
  • description
  • milestone_id
  • suite_ids (comma-separated list of IDs)

It is possible to update/enhance this API so that we can pass the configuration string (‘Firefox’, ‘IE’, etc) as a post argument ?

Ideally the API should return some error is the configuration name does not exist in the available configurations.

Thanks

Ali

Hello Ali,

Thanks for your posting. Extending the API is planned but I don’t have a time frame for this currently, unfortunately. The API currently always uses the name of the test suite for new test runs. As a workaround, you could use standalone test runs and specify the configuration as part of the test run name in the meantime.

Regards,
Tobias