Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Sorting/filtering test results by Defect

Often I am interested in finding all defects in a test run that have the same defect associated with them. For example, Defect # 1234 blocks 10 test cases so I mark them Blocked. Later, Defect #1234 is fixed so now I need to find all those blocked test cases and mark them as Retest. Unfortunately, there is no filter available for Defect, and even if I sort on column, the column is so narrow I can’t see the full defect number, which makes the sort useless. I know someone else asked for the ability to change column widths (and I second that request!), but for now - is there any way to work around this?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your posting! I would recommend the sorting option and you can simply increase the width of the Defects/Defects All column (just click on the Columns header and set the width). You can alternatively also use the Defects > Summary report (just click the Reports button when viewing the reports, then Defects > Summary and enter the issue ID in the “The following defects only” box.

Cheers,
Tobias

Clicking on the Columns header on the upper right) solved my immediate problem. Thank you!

Hi Jeff,

Great to hear that this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias