Thanks Jacob, for escalating the issue further.
Yes, I am already using the suggested workaround.
Just a tip for other users: In Excel, the downloaded .csv file has Elapsed values in the format of “123s” which is also treated as a String in Excel and hence does not really sort numerically (largest to smallest). In order to achieve that, just follow the steps below:
- Export the Test Run to Excel from Test Rail.
- Include Elapsed in the layout.
- Open the report in MS Excel.
- Create a new Time column besides Elapsed column.
- Apply this formula =NUMBERVALUE(REPLACE(B2, LEN(B2), 1, “”)) in the first cell below the heading. Make sure to enter the respective Elapsed cell’s address.
- Select and drag down to apply the formula to rest of the records.
- Sort the Time column from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Save it as .xlsx
It will remove the succeeding “s” from Elapsed time values and convert the string into number which can be sorted by largest to smallest or vice versa, instead of A to Z or Z to A in Excel.