Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

SmartInspect Console as separate product

Hello,

Did you consider possibility to sell Smartinspect Professional Console as a separate product? I’ve noticed that it would be good for end customers to have something more than redistributable console, but I don’t want them to buy whole product.

best regards
Piotr Rezmer

Hello Piotr,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have thought about the possibility to offer the Console as a separate license/product, but decided against it because it would make licensing more complicated and more difficult to understand. End-users (such as administrators in production environments) who want to use the full Console need their own SmartInspect license, regardless of if they need the development libraries.

Hello,
So I have another question, Is it possible for me to buy a license for full product and then transfer license to the end user, or is it necessary for end user to buy the license?

best regards
Piotr Rezmer

Piotr,

you can purchase the license and then transfer the license to the customer/end-user if you wish. We can either create a new My Gurock.com account for the end-user or just add the license to your account. Just email us after the purchase so that we can setup your My Gurock.com account according to your requirements.