Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

SmartInspect 3.3.0 released

The final SmartInspect 3.3 release is now available. This release adds some often requested features, fixes some smaller issues and introduces support for Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0.

What’s New
The following list displays all changes of the SmartInspect 3.3 release at a glance.

[list=]
[
]Added: Full support for Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0[/]
[
]Added: New Log Entry ID column in the SmartInspect Console for quickly locating Log Entries when scrolling through views or switching views[/]
[
]Added: Showing currently open log file(s) in the title bar of the SmartInspect Console[/]
[
]Added: TrackMethod method which combines EnterMethod/LeaveMethod into a single method (.NET only, was already available in Delphi, not supported in Java)[/]
[
]Added: LogEnumerable method for logging IEnumerable variables (.NET only)[/]
[
]Changed: Updated the SmartInspect license agreement with various changes[/]
[
]Fixed: (Very) long Log Entry strings (title, session, host name or application name) could result in a broken connection to the SmartInspect Console when using named pipes[/]
[
]Fixed: Assignment order of AppName property in configuration files could result in a wrong application name in combination with the SmartInspect Router[/]
[
]Fixed: ESmartInspectError exceptions are now correctly registered as silent exceptions with Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2010[/]
[
]Fixed: Application icons for the SmartInspect Console and SmartInspect Configuration Builder are no longer blurry under Windows Vista and Windows 7[/*]
[/list]

Download
As usual, customers can download the new version from our customer portal at My Gurock.com. The updated trial version can be downloaded from our website.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi,
Do you plan to extend Delphi IDE Instrument plugin to support TrackMethod?

best regards
Piotr Rezmer

Hello Piotr,

Thanks for your message. We will probably support TrackMethod in the Delphi IDE plugin eventually, but I don’t have a timeframe for this at the moment, I’m afraid. We will definitely look into this and will consider it for a future release.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hello,

I assume Smart Inspect 3.3.x viewers are compatible with Smart Inspect 3.2.0 log files. But can you advise if SmartInspect 3.2.0 viewers are compatible with SmartInspect 3.3.x log files?

Thanks.

Hello Mykro,

Yes, 3.2.0 log files can be used with a 3.3.0 Console and vice versa.

I hope this helps,
Tobias