Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

"Show all cases" without result

Clicking on the “show all cases” button brings no change/result

Seen in “Test Suites and Cases” tab.
I also noticed, that the mouse pointer does not change to hand like on any other link or button, but to a cursor for a input field

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. Please make sure that you haven’t added any (invalid) UI scripts that would prevent TestRail from executing the JavaScript behind the "“Show all cases” link. You can check this under Administration > Customizations (the UI script list at the bottom).

Regards,
Tobias

Actually I have some UI Scripts running.
Anyway, I deactived all of them - with no result.
I still cannot click on “show all cases” :frowning:

Could you please check the JavaScript console of your web browser for any errors when you load the test suite page or click on the link?

Regards,
Tobias

This is what the console shows (Ctrl + Shift + K)

getUserData() und setUserData() sollten nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen WeakMap oder element.dataset. request

‘none’ oder URL erwartet, aber ‘Alpha(’ gefunden. Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘filter’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘-moz-border-radius-topleft’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘-moz-border-radius-topright’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘-moz-border-radius-bottomleft’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘-moz-border-radius-bottomright’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘-moz-border-radius’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘-moz-box-shadow’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘zoom’. Deklaration ignoriert.

‘none’ oder URL erwartet, aber ‘mask(’ gefunden. Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘filter’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Deklaration erwartet, aber ‘*’ gefunden. Übersprungen bis zur nächsten Deklaration

‘none’ oder URL erwartet, aber ‘progid’ gefunden. Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘filter’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘background-image’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Unbekannte Eigenschaft ‘-moz-background-clip’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘background’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Farbe erwartet, aber ‘top’ gefunden. Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘background-image’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘white-space’. Deklaration ignoriert.

Fehler beim Verarbeiten des Wertes für ‘width’. Deklaration ignoriert.

getPreventDefault() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen
defaultPrevented.

Relative Positionierung von Tabellenzeilen und Zeilengruppen wird jetzt unterstützt. Diese Website muss möglicherweise aktualisiert werden, weil sie sich darauf verlassen könnte, dass diese Funktion keine Wirkung hat

Thanks for the additional details. Which web browser and version do you use? Could you please also try this with a different browser (e.g. Google Chrome)?

Regards,
Tobias

I tried
FF 33.1.1
IE 10.0.9
and the latest Chrome Version

Same issue with all three browsers

Thanks! We will make sure to review this again and get back to you then (maybe via email to request additional details).

Regards,
Tobias

just pushing this one up again, since our users are getting confused…

Could you please send this to our help desk via email? We will make sure to look into this again then. You could also look into upgrading to the most recent TestRail version which has a different behavior for the pagination. You can alternatively also disable the case limit under Administration > Site Settings > User Interface so that you don’t see “Show all cases” link at all.

Regards,
Tobias

just to let you know:
we installed the latest 4.0.3.3270 release.
The problem is still there.
I will send this to your help desk

Thank you!

For other readers: this was solved via email and was related to a custom translation.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi,

I am seeing it. I also do not see an option to disable it. I am running latest on your server. I got around it (temporarily) via changing the 150 up to 250. Now I see all cases/sections that I have so far in the suite. And again, this is no “Disable” option.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your posting. The pagination behavior was changed with TestRail 4.0 and we now offer three options to display test cases and sections (all [with limits], current section + subsections, current section only). We usually recommend using the current section + subsections or current section view modes. If you want to display all test cases, please choose the “all” mode and increase the limit of cases being displayed under Administration > Site Settings > User Interface as needed.

Regards,
Tobias