Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Shortcuts missing after update to TestRail 6.4

Hi all,

our team uses extensively shortcuts while creating new test cases, e.g. ctrl + . for new step and ctrl + s for saving.

Is it planned as part of new release to replace shortcuts? I cannot find it on release notes page.

If intended what are the new shortcuts?

Anyone else having same problem?

Best regards

Hi @Mislav - I just tried this out on Mac OS using Chrome; Ctrl + “.” & Ctrl + “s” worked fine for me with regards to creating additional steps and saving the case, respectively.

Can you let us have some more information about your environment so we can investigate further?

Thanks,
Simon

I happened to notice this was already posted. I have the same issue with CTRL+. not adding steps since the update.

I’m using Win 10/Chrome(current), CTRL-S wants to save the webpage has an HTML file. I couldn’t find where this might have been an option/setting that got changed.

Same problem using Edge as well.

I tried other shortcuts as well, and none of them function. I’m suspecting windows might be overriding the TestRail shortcuts, if that is an accurate description.

Hi @sjpknight,

here is the overview of shortcut behaviour:

Windows 10

Chrome: Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)
CTRL + “.” - nothing happens
CTRL + “S” - Save as .html window opened

Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0
CTRL + “S” - nothing happens

Firefox 78.0.2 (64-bit)
CTRL + “S” - Save as .html window opened

Same behaviour observed by all testrail users.

Empty cache and Hard reload does not help either.

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed info. The Support Team is notified about this issue and they are currently investigating it.

Thanks,
Shanu