Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Setting Configurations

We have just purchased & installed Test Rail & I am in the process of setting up our first project.

I see from the online help that you can create Test Plans in order to create test runs for multiple configurations, however I can’t seem to see anything that tells me how to set up the configuration options?

I have created the Test Plan and clicked on ‘Select Configurations’ and of course the table is blank. Where do I add the options I wish to select from (we test in multiple browsers so I want to add a list of these)?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your posting. You can directly create and update the configurations for the current project in the popup window that appears when you click the Select Configurations link. There’s an Add Group in the top right corner of that popup to create a new group (like Web Browsers or Operating Systems). You can then click the green plus icon next to the group to add web browsers etc. to the group.

I hope this helps. Just let me know if you have further questions about this.

Thanks,
Dennis

Thanks for the reply Dennis.

Thats what I was expecting, however I’m not seeing any of the options you describe. I’ve tried opening TestRail in IE8, FF & Chrome and there is no ‘Add Group’ anywhere in that pop-up.

I’ll be happy to send you a screenshot if you let me know where is best to post it or send it?

Thanks
Christine.

Nevermind - I’ve just twigged what the problem was. Even though I am an administrator, I was set up as Test Lead in the project and did not have the add/edit ‘Configurations’ permission checked - D’oh!

Thanks for you help anyway.

Christine.

Hi Christine,

Glad to hear that you found it, thanks for the confirmation.

Regards,
Dennis