Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Send Email to All Users

Hi guys,

Sometimes we want to highlight changes we have made to TestRail (projects added, customisations added etc.) or server maintenance, and need to send an email out to our growing list of users.

I was wondering if it would be possible, within the Administration area, to have a function to send an email to all Active users?

Seeing as the customisations are very flexible, we could easily implement this ourselves - but it’d be nice for it to be part of the base functionality.

On that note - what do you guys think about having a new area of the forum where we can share our customisations etc?

Glenn

Hello Glenn,

Thanks for your posting. There’s currently no such functionality built in but I can certainly see how this would be useful to have in some situations (via email and/or as admin message in TestRail’s user interface). I’ve just added it to our feature request list. For some notes, it can make sense to use some of the free text fields in TestRail for this in the meantime (e.g. the project description and on the login page).

Regarding the sharing of customizations, yes, this is planned but we are not yet sure if this will be part of the forum or if we should use something else for this (Github, for example).

Regards,
Tobias

Hi guys,

“I was wondering if it would be possible, within the Administration area, to have a function to send an email to all Active users?”

Has this feature been added yet? I need to tell all users to set up their Jira accounts in user settings so the defects in Jira have the correct reporter (and the default Jira account doesn’t get hammered with everyone’s TestRail-Jira activity)

Thanks
Ollie

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for your feedback. This is currently not available but it’s still planned to look into this or provide an option to export the users and/or email addresses. You can find the list of (active/inactive) users on the Administration > Users & Roles overview page and this hopefully helps with generating a list of people to email.

Cheers,
Tobias

Did this feature become available in the latest version?

This is not yet available but it’s still planned to look into this. Happy to add another vote to this feature request, thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi @tgurock,

Please add another Vote for this feature.

Thank you,
Charles McNeil

Thanks for your feedback, Charles!

Cheers,
Tobias