Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Selecting Test Cases for Test Run: issue scrolling list of cases

Hi, I have been enjoying trying out TestRail for about a week so far. I searched for this subject in the forum and couldn’t find it. I’m using TestRail version 4.2.1.3319 with Chrome and Firefox on a Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9.5.

I have around 100 test cases so far. Here’s what I want to do:

1. Create a new Test Run
  2. Go to Edit, Select Specific Test Cases, Change Selection
  3. So far, so good - I get the popover with a list of Test Cases and I can check the boxes.

-In Chrome, I can not scroll, tab or otherwise go down past the ones that fit in the window
-In Firefox I can, but after scrolling once I have to repeat Step 2 to get the scrolling functionality back each time.

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your posting! We haven’t seen this behavior before and could you please try to disable any browser plugins you might have installed/activated? This could be a JavaScript or browser plugin related issue. Could you also please send one or more screenshots of how this looks like to our help desk at contact@gurock.com? This should make it easier to try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks again,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I disabled all plugins (ShockWave, Chrome PDF Viewer, Native Client, Chrome Remote Desktop Viewer and Widevine Content Decryption Module). I also clear browser data, cookies, etc. many times throughout the day as part of my testing process. I will send a screen capture to the help desk and reference this post. Thanks for your response!

Andrea

Thanks, Andrea, that’s very helpful!

Regards,
Tobias