Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Scheduled Reporting Filtering

Currently I am running my Defect Summary Report once per week and sending to management. Each month I add a new milestone for that particular month and all of the testing performed during that timeframe. It doesn’t look like this option exists currently in the filtering, but maybe in the future could you consider adding the option for the report to filter by only the active Milestone instead of a specific Milestone? I currently close out the current month and make the new month active on the 1st of the month, and this would help to make my scheduled report work no matter the month instead of having to reset a new scheduled report with a new filter for the new Milestone each month.

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your posting! This option is currently not available as a filter but we are happy to look into this. If you close the runs associated with the previous milestone, you can also just use a Is Completed => false filter (with the “The test runs that match the following filter (now and in the future)” option to determine the scope of your report and include only active runs.

Cheers,
Tobias

Ok, great! I’ll have an update to this on this Friday since the month is changing over, so I’ll try that filtering and if I have any issues I’ll let you know.

Thanks!

You are welcome, Ken, happy to help!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hey Tobias,

I just realized I totally forgot to let you know this worked perfectly.

Thanks again for the assist!
Ken

Hi Ken,

That’s great, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias