Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Saving/deleting test result

Issue: Can’t count the number of times I’m adding a test result, have just added an image, think I’m still in the Actual Results field, press Enter twice to add a couple of lines, and find the Test Result has been posted instead.

1. Suggest after clicking to add an image, the focus be set back to the Actual Results field.
  2. Suggest adding a confirmation message before the test result is irretrievably added.
  3. Suggest ability to delete one test case result among multiple test cases in a test run.

Thanks

2 Likes

We have found this too since the update.
Suggest after clicking to add an image, the focus be set back to the Actual Results field.

Would be great if it could go back to the way it was before as we are often entering multiple screenshots and it really slows down our workflow.

1 Like

Hi @Jarod & @bbelsey - this looks to me to be a browser specific issue. If I add (by means of pasting) an image to a test result comment in FireFox, the focus is returned to the Comment field and I can e.g. click enter a couple of times for new lines, as you describe.

Trying the same thing in Chrome however submits the result, since the focus is away from the comments field.

We can take a look into fixing this. Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers,
Simon

1 Like