Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

running Test Rail on 2 computers simultaneously with the same user?

Hi ,

Do we have a session limitation on running Test Rail on 2 computers simultaneously with the same user?

I observe " This site can’t be reached " ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT on both computers (not at once).

1. The issue occurs on one of the computers, while the second one has no problem.

2. Sometimes I can work on both computers with the same user in Test Rail, but after some time, one of them receives the message " This site can’t be reached " ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT (After Refreshing the page).

3. Cleaning Chrome’s cache and cookies and restarting browser - did not solve it.

It really does not seem to be an issue with the log in since it can work at times. I can open many tabs and be logged into our Prod instance of TR without issue and I have loaded it with another instance on a VM without an issue.

Does there seem to be a pattern? First login always remains active? Second one? Always takes the same amount of time for one to have the issue? Try using the IP address on one (maybe DNS issue)?

Not really sure what the issue can be unfortunately.

Hi Mevi,

Thanks for the post! TestRail would not typically prevent users from submitting data or using TestRail within multiple browsers. If there was an issue with your session when trying to use TestRail, you would receive a different error from TestRail. As @BGanger indicated, this is likely a network connection issue.

I hope this information is helpful,
Jon