Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Rerun same test run several times

We have quite simple task: test a specific funtionality once a day in 2 weeks in a row (don’t ask why).
Can I make a “plan” in TestRail where I create 10 test runs and see how it’s burning down?

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for your posting! Yes, you can simply add a test plan for this (Test Runs & Results tab > Add Test Plan) and then add your test run 10 times. Statistics on the test plan level (status, burndown, activity, etc.) would then include the stats of all 10 test runs. If you also want to run your tests against different platforms/environments/configurations, I can recommend looking into TestRail’s configuration suppport:

http://www.gurock.com/testrail/videos/test-plans-configurations/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Thank you for quick answer. Can I set a separate date for each run?

Hello Pawel,

Thanks for your reply. You can see the progress and projected completion date on the Progress tab per test run (or for the entire plan or milestone). I assume you want to set due dates, is this correct? Due dates can be managed on the milestone level and you can simply select a due date if you add or edit a milestone.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias